I’ve been searching for years for a store selling ready-made “Áo dài” (Vietnamese traditional costume), and finally found my favorite one, Sumire Store. If you’re a fashion guru living in Ho Chi Minh City or just the one who is passionate about seeking for fashion stores selling items of high quality and affordable price, then this is a highly recommended paradise for you. Pros:
- Plenty of models with a variety of materials, colors, patterns, and of course, sizes; thus, you could hardly go out of the shop without buying something haha.
- The prices are super reasonable (much lower than a tailor-made one), so it’s economical if your expectation is not very high and you need to save time.
- There’s lots of accessories such as earings, bracelets, sandals, etc.
- Small but well decorated store with up to 3 changing rooms.
- Friendly staffs of aesthetic taste, who may consult you how to mix and match. Cons:
- Only 1 exclusive store which is not very close to the city center (but it’s worth your time by the way , and tell you a secret, you’ll find it convenient if you travel to HCMC due to its proximity to Tan Son Nhat airport)
- The largest size is C (for under-60-kilogram women, I guess), so there will be limited size for some western women
- No cloths for men, sorry
ANNIE’S RATING: 8.5/10 (with luv) #aodai